The Nigerian Football Federation -NFF on Friday August 12 met with and reached agreement with Quater Finalists of the 2022 Aiteo cup Competition to allow for a successful conclusion of the competition .
The meeting was attended by representatives of the NFF , LMC and representatives of the clubs Kano Pillars, Katsina United , Heartland Fc , Wikki Tourist , Nassarawa United , Lobi Stars , Niger Tornadoes, while Kogi United Fc were absent with apologize .
The meeting chaired by the NFF 2nd Vice President Shehu Dikko was to afford the disgruntled clubs opportunity to discuss with the NFF towards resolving the dispute that followed Kwara United’s nomination as CAF Confederation Cup representatives ,a spot reserved for Aiteo cup winners .
After hours of discussion , the meeting reached the following decisions in the spirit of Fair play , to allow for the competition to continue and end well . The resolution reached are ;
1. Quarter final matches and the pairings as well as the centers be maintained except the Ilorin centre involving Heartland vs Katsina Utd that has been played;
2. Quarter final matches to be played on 20th August, 2022;
3. All the 8 Quarter finalists shall be refunded their expenses – #3m each as compensation;
b. Katsina and Heartland, if to replay, shall receive #5m each;
5. SEMI finalist shall receive #2m each as subsidy
6. Finalist shall receive #1m each as subsidy.
7. Winner shall be compensated with an upward review of prize money with at least 50%;
8. Winner shall automatically qualify to the Round of 16 in the 2022/2023 Aiteo Cup irrespective of whether they qualify from their state or not.