QNET is a direct selling company that offers a range of products in the areas of health, wellness, and lifestyle through an e-commerce platform. The company has operations in 25 countries worldwide, with offices in such places as Indonesia, United Arab Emirates, Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong.
Since it began in 1998, the company has had to fight back against allegations that it’s a scam. However, countless distributors have become successful entrepreneurs powered by QNET and are spreading the word about the legitimacy of the business. A recent World Federation of Direct Selling Associations report shows that in 2021, 128.2 million people worldwide were involved in direct selling, either part time or full time. It generated $186 billion in annual sales. However, it’s still too often getting mistaken as a get rich quick scam, and people are skeptical about it.
Abhilash Varijakshan is a QNET success story. “I attended a massive business presentation to learn about the compensation plan, and I saw many people there who were already succeeding in the business. So I knew I needed to earn enough to support my daughter’s schooling in the [United Arab Emirates]. And within the first week that I joined the business, I earned my first check. From that day on, I never missed any [business volume] in my tracking center,” he said. And when he faced difficult times, Varijakshan noted, “Daily communications with my mentor gave me confidence during tough times that I had to face.”
Najim Jaffar is a QNET success story from India. Jaffar admits he didn’t have the best impression of the company before becoming a distributor. “Initially, no one supported me to pursue this business, including my family and close friends. And there were times where my business collapsed several times,” he recalled. “When I faced problems in this business, I witnessed the corporate family that came to help me. That is when I realized that I have a great team, not just in the business, but from the corporate family that stood by me.”
QNET Is Not a Scam or Ponzi Scheme
Biram Fall is the company’s regional general manager for sub-Saharan Africa. He recently discussed how to tell that it’s not a Ponzi scheme or scam. “Debunking this common misconception is easy. As a leading global direct selling company with millions of satisfied customers and distributors, QNET wants to ensure that all stakeholders — analysts, regulators, distributors/Independent representatives, and the millions of customers who purchase our products and services — understand the difference,” he said.
QNET Shares 5 Tips for Direct Selling Beginners
- Start small. If you’ve heard that you’ll make a lot of money fast with direct selling, that’s a lie. Becoming a successful distributor takes a lot of hard work and dedication, so the company insists that all new distributors undergo its comprehensive training system. “Through this approach, the company aims to empower aspiring entrepreneurs to become professional CEOs of their business,” said QNET CEO Malou Caluza.
During that time, distributors will be taught the company policies and procedures, the code of conduct, and the responsibilities of an independent representative. They also learn the ins and outs of the products in the company’s extensive catalog and how to establish their business sustainably for long-term success.
- Learn from others’ experiences. You don’t need any specific education or experience to succeed in direct sales. Caluza said, “I am proud to say that I am part of a company that has always promoted diversity in all aspects of our business. Our founders have always promoted a merit-based culture which shows in our people demographics.” However, it’s crucial to make friends and find mentors in the company who will be happy to offer guidance to help new distributors grow their business. “Direct selling was the original gig economy before tech companies made this form of flexible employment opportunities popular in recent years,” said Caluza.
The company strongly advises new distributors to check out the qLearn presentation and writing skills and certified network marketer programs. Also, the finance for non-finance managers training focuses on the importance of financial competence and assists entrepreneurs with essential accounting tools.
- Be genuine. The company has an assortment of award-winning products of amazing quality at affordable prices, and it’s vital for distributors to believe in the products they’re offering. The company suggests that distributors figure out why they would buy the products, and how specific products can satisfy a need to confidently convey that to potential customers.
- Establish healthy relationships with customers. If someone wants to succeed in direct sales, it’s necessary for them to make customers a priority. Handling all business in a professional and ethical manner is an excellent way to connect with customers. Caluza said, “The foundation of the direct selling business is the relationship and personal touch that distributors build with their customers.”
- It pays to be persistent. Every extraordinary entrepreneur has had to overcome obstacles, and the direct sales industry is no different. It’s not a scam or pyramid scheme, and it takes hard work to establish a legitimate business. Caluza says that the company tries to “set a benchmark in inclusiveness and equal opportunity for those who are passionate and committed to growing themselves and QNET.”
Direct selling can be a successful career choice for those willing to put in the work and who strive to constantly improve and develop the business.